Thursday, January 04, 2007

Toaster Mutt


Or maybe I should call her a "Toastweiller." Anyway, face it, you've ignored hints from your beloved over the years to buy them a dog or a toaster. Now you can get credit for two in one present. The expression on the mutt's face can be changed by rotating the eyebrows. Incredibly, I believe it still toasts--though I am sure the warranty has expired and the UL safety guarantee is void. At first, I was going to photograph it on a white background like I do a lot of my small sculptures, then I realized she would look most natural in the kitchen, so I photographed her on our kitchen counter. When not munching toast, the double ended wrench serves as a bone.
Presuming you've already bought them a toaster, here is the link to my web page of other metal dogs. http://www.joelhaasstudio.com/dogs.htm

Sure she's not pure bred, but how many dogs yelp "badiing!" In stead of "bow wow?" And how many burn your toast instead of chewing your shoes?

The feet and ears are stainless steel spoons, the tail is an egg beater. The eyes are washers and sheet metal screws with cut nails for eyebrows. The nose is the handle to pull down and start the toaster, the mouth, the dial to set how dark to cook the toast. The side is labeled "Mary Proctor." probably made by Proctor-Silex Company. I doubt "Mary Proctor" designed or built this. I, on the other hand, have signed my name on the bottom.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home